VP Operations - Europe
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Following the continued growth of HelloFresh Internationally and specifically in the EU, we are looking for a dedicated leader to support the European fulfillment centers. This role will report to the COO International Downstream and will take a dotted line leadership of our (8) EU operations currently located in the UK, Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands. The role will take responsibility for performance across key fulfillment center metrics and provide leadership to the teams in those operations led by Senior Director / Directors in each country.
The role will focus on performance management, supporting the COO and peers in setting strategy and OKRS, and partnering with country leaders and the broader ops team on standardization and continual improvement.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Manage performance and continual improvement plans, leading country operations directors on a path of continual improvement across key business metrics
- Provide performance reporting and work with central support teams in developing our KPI structures and reporting alongside peers in APAC, Canada and new country launches
- Assist country operations directors in budget processes and OKR settingin line with company timelines
- Support, sponsor and lead continual improvement projects in the regionwhich can be shared internationally as part of our international OpEx programme
- As a senior operational leader, support the COO and provide a proxycover in international operational topics
- Work and lead in line with company DNAto help build a high performing team in Europe, with succession planning and development of top performing talent
- Partner with matrix functions across the organizationon the change agenda and be a credible partner with knowledge across safety, procurement, engineering, S&OP and logistics
- Work closely with workforce staffing as a key partnerdriving employer of choice and employee engagement for our fulfillment center workforce in the EU
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of senior leadership experience in senior operational roles including multi-site experience
- Experience in fulfillment or manufacturing with a detailed experience of delivering high performance through both people and technology
- An exceptional academic record with a focus on both data and leadership
- Proven ability to effectively motivate, develop and manage a high performing team in a complex matrix environment
- Track record of impactful performance improvement
- Extremely strong analytical skills with a passion for using data to innovate effective solutions to address business needs.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment with a high level of ambiguity and change but quick decisions and a lot of room for big impact
- Willingness to travel to fulfillment locations on a regular basis to coach, lead and develop our european organization
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Budget for home office supplies
- Monthly transportation budget through Rydes app
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for John Reed gyms & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
More jobs at HelloFresh