VP, Marketing & Communications
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems.Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together,we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Vice President of Marketing to lead a high-performing and growing team of 17. Reporting to the CMO, the VP of Marketingwill play a critical leadership role in growing the ecobee brand and expanding into new and highly competitive product categories. Half art and half science, this role will guide marketing strategy, planning and execution across all paid, owned, and earned media including existing customer touch-points and oversee all cross-functional marketing operations including product launches, always-on, seasonal and/or promotional campaigns. This role will also work closely with our creative team to ensure flawless executions and maintain consistent branding across every touchpoint.This role is open to being 100% remote within Canada although our home office is in Toronto, Ontario. You may be required to travel to Toronto, Canada once per quarter for team and/or company events."
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Champion the overall marketing strategy and set marketing team priorities in consultation with the CMO, marketing and sales channel leads.
- Work with CMO and relevant internal and external partners to continue to drive the ecobee brand architecture, vision, and strategy forward.
- Lead and coach a strong and established marketing team across disciplines including marketing planning and operations, digital marketing, media, brand, public relations, base communications, content, influencer, and affiliate marketing and manage multiple supporting external agencies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional disciplines including Product Marketing, Product and Creative teams to ensure strategic alignment and consistent brand representation across the organization.
- Partner with sales channel leads on the development and activation of cross-functional initiatives and support key strategies and business objectives where applicable
- Leverage a growth mindset to drive increased efficiency and effectiveness to drive growth in the business
- Lead and coach a team in the development of full-funnel campaigns and help shape media mix in an ever-changing landscape. Be comfortable using data to provide meaningful insights and actionable takeaways to lead the development and iteration of forward-thinking campaigns that will capture new audiencesefficiently and effectively.
- Build and managing the marketing budget and iterate on reporting tools/trackers to monitor returns on marketing initiatives
What You’ll Bring to the table:
- A growth mindset and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- A balance of strategic vision and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Proven track record of success as a marketing executive in high-growth companies
- Strong marketing fundamentals with deep knowledge of digital marketing and a focus on measuring and optimizing performance in an ever-changing digital landscape
- Experience with management of teams, includes coaching, mentoring and developing team members, performance management and oversight of financial and budgetary responsibilities
- Experience developing brand architecture and product positioning within a technical landscape, bridging together consumer data, competitive/trend analysis, and creative vision
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and boil down the ocean to simplify, streamline and tighten process to create clear working paths
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; ability to articulate a strong POV and inspire clarity and confidence to align cross-functional stakeholders
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status. #LI-DNI
- A 40 minute phone call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- 30-minute interview with the Chief Marketing Officer
- If your first round interview goes well, you can expect a 2-part second round. Team interview and leadership interview. You will meet with folks from cross functional teams and executive leadership. This can amount to between 3-4 hours
- The final interview will be a take home case that you'll present for 60-minutes to the same set of folks you meet in your earlier interviews.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay.ecobeeLeeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office,hybridor fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe.As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting ourinterviews and onboarding sessions through video. Newteam memberswill also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
More jobs at ecobee
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada