This job listing expired on Aug. 15, 2021, 6:11 p.m.
Technical Account Manager
We’re Kira Systems. We’ve built machine learning software that enlightens the world’s enterprises by enabling them to truly know what’s in their contracts and documents. We’re deliberate in our decision making, clear on our mission and – most importantly – passionate about pairing the power of human know-how with a powerful product.
We’ve got an HQ in Toronto, but we’re a global workforce. From building trusted partnerships with our clients to delivering an employee experience that is second to none, our people are at the center of all that we do.
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), your role will be to help organizations get the most out of Kira, whether they access it as SaaS or have installed it on premises. Our TAM will need to understand not just customers’ technical environments but their business needs and challenges. You will coach them on the best ways to solve their challenges, and in many cases help create as well as project manage the implementation of technical solutions.
As part of the Customer Value team, you will work closely with support, operations and the product team acting as the voice of your customers internally at Kira Systems. In this endeavor, you must love working with existing strategic customers and thrive on seeing them succeed.
What you will be doing
- Partner with the Practice Consultants and Customer Success Managers in managing a portfolio of global accounts (EMEA/APAC)
- Work closely with the Technical Solutions Consultants and provide backup as necessary
- Set periodic meetings to discuss processes, manage expectations, escalate and continually review customer experience
- Ensure a solid understanding of the customers technical environment and business goals to contribute and/or develop longer term account solution strategy roadmaps
- Review and ensure accurate and thorough responses to security questionnaires, in collaboration with the compliance team
- Provide prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues that have been escalated, coordinating with internal teams to ensure a great customer experience, meeting customer needs while managing customer expectations.
- Provide feedback to Systems, Product, Marketing, and other teams to continually improve upon Kira application.
- Other duties as required. These might include: representing the company at conferences and events, and more.
What you bring (Don't worry if you don't have all the experience - we are really looking for capability)
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a technical customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. Ideally with a combination of SaaS experience and on premises software support.
- Linux system administration skills, and ideally some Linux and shell scripting experience.
- Technical experience with virtualization, such as VMware vSphere, Kubernetes, and cloud technologies, especially AWS.
- Technical knowledge with relational data structures, XML/JSON, and REST APIs.
- Solid debugging, troubleshooting, and general problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze technical concepts and translate them into business terms, and to map business requirements to technical features
- Great customer service skills, with the desire to make users satisfied. Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work as a part of a team. Good presentation and public speaking skills.
- You are a self-starter, looking to be in a high-growth environment with opportunities to learn and grow.
Who you will be meeting with:
Joe Kim, Director of Talent Acquisition (he/him): Joe Kim joined Kira Systems in 2017 as the Director of Talent Acquisition and has helped lead the transformation of the company's strategy for finding and attracting the most diverse world-class talent. During his time at Kira Systems, he has led growth efforts to scale the company by more than 500%.
Technical Consulting Team
William Magill, Manager, Technical Consulting (he/him): William, the hiring manager, joined Kira Systems in 2018 as a Technical Solutions Consultant and is now leading the Technical Consulting team that consists of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and Technical Solutions Consultants (TSCs).
Ruairi Carroll - Ru joined Kira Systems in 2019 as the only Technical Support Associate on our client support team before moving on to the Technical Account Manager role in our Technical Consulting team. Ru is known for the positive energy that he brings when supporting Kira’s clients and his co-workers.
You will also have the opportunity to meet other Kirans from different departments and one of our Founders, Noah Waisberg.
***Please be advised - From July 1-6 the entire company across the world will be off to give Kirans a well-deserved break. This means we will not be interviewing or responding to applications during July 1-6. Our commitment to you is get back to you within three business days upon our return. Thank you for your understanding!
Why join Kira Systems?
We’ve got a dream team. Kira Systems is filled with smart, curious, independent, and self-motivated people. Together, we make up a culture that values diversity of thought, creative thinking and fun.
There is room to grow.We work on challenging problems. It’s hard (in a good way) and it gives ample opportunities for growth. We also believe in the power of learning. We provide an annual learning budget to all Kirans, as well as regular learning sessions hosted by internal and external experts.
The future is flexible. While we’re all remote right now, we have a number of fully remote team members around the world. Covid-19 has reminded us that our health and well-being come before anything, which means you have flexibility when it comes to designing your work day. It also means that we have a flexible vacation policy that allows you to take time off when you need it.
We’ve always got your back.Literally. Got a knot in your back? We have a comprehensive health and benefits plan for you and your family, as well as access to Employee Assistance Programs. We’ve also implemented “Kira Days” in the past year, otherwise known as “company shut-down days.” These provide an opportunity for everyone to step back and recharge at the same time.
We are award-winning! For two years in a row, we’ve been named one of Canada's Top 10 Best Workplaces for Companies with 100-999 Employees by Great Place to Work Canada. We’ve also been named one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.
More jobs at Kira Systems
Senior Site Reliability Specialist - Canada
Toronto or Remote Canada
Toronto or Remote Canada
Expired: Sept. 23, 2021, 9:14 p.m.
Senior Quality Engineer
Expired: May 3, 2021, 6:13 p.m.
Software Development Manager
Expired: Aug. 23, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
Intermediate Software Developer - Clojure
Toronto or Remote Canada
Toronto or Remote Canada
1 year, 12 months ago