This job listing expired on July 16, 2021, 6:11 p.m.
Strategic Account Executive
We’re Kira Systems. We’ve built machine learning software that enlightens the world’s enterprises by enabling them to truly know what’s in their contracts and documents. We’re deliberate in our decision making, clear on our mission and – most importantly – passionate about pairing the power of human know-how with a powerful product.
We’ve got an HQ in Toronto, but we’re a global workforce. From building trusted partnerships with our clients to delivering an employee experience that is second to none, our people are at the center of all that we do.
Kira Systems is seeking an experienced sales professional, capable of driving six-figure-and-up deals with large software companies and systems integrators. This is a new, highly strategic role at Kira Systems where you will be reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer as we approach new markets that are almost completely greenfield.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for an experienced professional to help build a new sales process from the ground up. To be successful in this role, you must be skilled at driving both business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, especially with product, business-line, functional leaders, all the way up to the C-suite of the target organizations.
What you will be doing
- Prospecting, developing opportunities, qualifying deals, initiating conversations and leading the deals all the way to conclusion
- Identifying and working with stakeholders at prospect organizations, to learn about their needs and strategy and then helping to define the joint opportunity
- Adept at working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with some technical knowledge, in order to ensure value for the customer
- Collaborating with solution engineers to scope and address needs that arise during the sales process. This likely includes whiteboard/solutioning workflows with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with marketing to develop decks, other assets, and potentially participate in events targeting relevant technical and product functional experts
- Developing proposals, potentially responding to RFPs
- Selling through existing accounts by working with them to develop joint business opportunities that expand the overall relationship
- Potentially, pull in third party partners as required to complete the Kira solution for customers.
- Help define how the go-to-market for this product line should evolve, working directly with Kira Systems executive team, including developing our value proposition, positioning and objection handling, as well as the sales function itself, how it is organized and what it needs to be successful.
What you bring (don't worry if you don't have all the experience, we are really looking for capability!)
- 5-8+ years of experience selling a technical product with a track record of success
- You will need to be very comfortable with and able to understand technical products enough to propose solutions that are appealing to business and technical stakeholders, even though, in this regard you will be paired with a technical solution engineer.
- Understanding of basic machine learning concepts is a must and previous experience with selling machine learning products might be a plus
- You are expected to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details easy to understand for different functional stakeholders
- Experience with API driven products is a plus
- Proven ability to handle complex negotiations involving potentially custom commercial arrangements, while staying true to our core business and pricing rules
- In some cases, you will need the ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units potentially in complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, and ability to capture attention in meetings
Who you will be meeting with:
Joe Kim, Director of Talent Acquisition (he/him): Joe Kim joined Kira Systems in 2017 as the Director of Talent Acquisition and has helped lead the transformation of the company's strategy for finding and attracting the most diverse world-class talent. During his time at Kira Systems, he has led growth efforts to scale the company by more than 500%.
On the Strategy Team
Steve Obenski, Chief Strategy Officer (he/him):Steve is the most tenured member of the executive team, having led Kira Systems’ sales and marketing, product teams at various times over the course of the company’s growth. Steve is currently leading the go to market for new product initiatives, as well as general company strategy and partnerships.
You will have the opportunity to meet other Kirans from different departments. If we share the same values there is no reason why we can't find a way to work together.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet one of our Founders, Noah Waisberg.
Why join Kira Systems?
We’ve got a dream team. Kira Systems is filled with smart, curious, independent, and self-motivated people. Together, we make up a culture that values diversity of thought, creative thinking and fun.
There is room to grow.We work on challenging problems. It’s hard (in a good way) and it gives ample opportunities for growth. We also believe in the power of learning. We provide an annual learning budget to all Kirans, as well as regular learning sessions hosted by internal and external experts.
The future is flexible. While we’re all remote right now, we have a number of fully remote team members around the world. Covid-19 has reminded us that our health and well-being come before anything, which means you have flexibility when it comes to designing your work day. It also means that we have a flexible vacation policy that allows you to take time off when you need it.
We’ve always got your back.Literally. Got a knot in your back? We have a comprehensive health and benefits plan for you and your family, as well as access to Employee Assistance Programs. We’ve also implemented “Kira Days” in the past year, otherwise known as “company shut-down days.” These provide an opportunity for everyone to step back and recharge at the same time.
We are award-winning! For two years in a row, we’ve been named one of Canada's Top 10 Best Workplaces for Companies with 100-999 Employees by Great Place to Work Canada. We’ve also been named one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.
More jobs at Kira Systems
Senior Site Reliability Specialist - Canada
Toronto or Remote Canada
Toronto or Remote Canada
Expired: Sept. 23, 2021, 9:14 p.m.
Senior Quality Engineer
Expired: May 3, 2021, 6:13 p.m.
Software Development Manager
Expired: Aug. 23, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
Intermediate Software Developer - Clojure
Toronto or Remote Canada
Toronto or Remote Canada
1 year, 12 months ago