Sr. Technical Product Manager, Platform UI Technologies - Remote
We are looking for an expert Technical Product Manager to help lead our platform UI technologies - namely our Genesis Design System and Masonry Server-Driven UI. The team’s mission is to enable League’s Platform and developer program customers to design and build high-quality user experiences that are consistent, accessible, and beautifully simple, at scale, by providing patterns, components, infrastructure, and standards.
You’ll drive the vision and strategy for the future of our League platform UI Technologies as it evolves alongside our rapidly-scaling organization. You’ll work day-to-day with a cross-functional team of designers and engineers as well as with internal platform productivity and developer program/SDK product development customers and collaborators to define and implement a roadmap that unlocks velocity across the organization to deliver outstanding user and developer experiences.
In this role you will:
- Articulate and evolve both the Design System and Server-Driven UI team’s approaches to building tools and systems that impact all our consumer-facing and developer platform and SDK products
- Seek input from a broad and diverse set of internal customers and partners to ensure the team is set up for success to build effective and impactful solutions while supporting League’s short- and long-term goals
- Collaborate daily with design and engineering teams to identify and deliver on your roadmap, and support internal customers
- Develop operational processes to make it easier for internal teams to consume, get the support they need, and request improvements
- 8+ years professional experience managing products from inception through launch and iteration
- Prior experience in designing, building and managing design systems or UI platforms
- A deep technical understanding of platform UI technologies, in particular design systems (preferably at scale) and Server-Driven UI, that bridges both design and engineering, especially with both front-end (design systems) and backend (server-driven UI) engineering - proficient in the latest technologies, frameworks, & best practices
- Excellent verbal communication skills to promote collaboration across a broad group of teams including design, engineering, and product
- A background in product design with a firm grasp across key concepts in UI, UX and component design, as well as layout and object placement design
- A good understanding of the product development process and agile methodologies from discovery to delivery
- Track record of being both an outstanding teammate and a leader who can align partners around a shared vision as well as influencing across an organization
- Systems-thinking – understanding how various parts of the product and platform fit together into a comprehensive solution
- Experience working on developer-focused SDKs, APIs, and Developer Programs
- Customer-centric, you elicit non-obvious customer needs, and synthesize research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency in areas with limited experience and to think creatively to solve problems
Attributes / Characteristics:
- Strong communicator and writer
- Strong problem solver
- Technical, Engineering background combined with Front End Design, backend technologies knowledge, UX/UI, Designer background strongly preferred
- Strong project and time management skills
- Understands our business
- Understands our technical stack + architecture
- Understands Agile development processes
- Understands competitive landscape
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks.Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn morehere.
More jobs at League
New York, NY
San Francisco, California