Senior Product Manager, Recommendations Retrieval
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee – whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 – you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Product manager to join our Recommendations Initiative.
As a Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for leading the Retrieval Squad in unlocking personalized recommendations for Etsy buyers. Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. It’s home to a universe of special, extraordinary items, from unique handcrafted pieces to vintage treasures. We are looking for an experienced high-impact Senior Product Manager to help guide a critical team in building the next generation recommendations to enable our partner teams to deliver high quality recommendations experiences to help solve the problem: In a marketplace that is becoming increasingly complex to sort through, how can we better connect our buyers with the extraordinary sellers and items they are looking for? Do you find joy in using data and machine learning to solve user experience problems? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Group Product Manager. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Lead product management and build solutions that scale to the multifaceted needs of a diverse set of customers
- Define vision and strategy, setting the stage for long term, continued success, incorporating state of the art information technology with bleeding edge machine learning
- Work with partner teams to gather input and define priorities leading to product execution
- Define, build and analyze metrics for the success of products
- Manage the work for the squad to realize both short and long term needs
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of significant work experience in Search, Recommendations, or other similar field
- 2+ years of experience in a product management role
- Exceptional Product and Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience partnering with highly cross-functional teams
- Experience working with machine learning and data science teams
- Experience working with massive datasets in real-time settings
- Outstanding communicator, able to talk shop with engineering partners, and communicate vision to business leaders
- Strong desire to continually innovate and incrementally deliver value
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you'd like. As we hope you've seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So tell us what you're all about.Our Promise
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
More jobs at Etsy
Brooklyn, United States
Brooklyn, United States
Brooklyn, United States