This job listing expired on Jan. 22, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Factor_ a brand of Hellofreshis seeking a culinary expert to create, iterate and improve our innovative Performance Cuisine that will delight our loyal customers’ taste buds and provide optimal nutrition to elevate their performance. This cuisine will need to be readily produced in large volumes while maintaining integrity and presentation before, during and after transit. Someone who is as creative as Van Gogh yet as detail oriented and structured as Rockefeller.
Drive Meal (Product) Development :
- Work directly with our Corporate Executive Chef, VP of Operations and Registered Dietitians to create product development strategies that meet our guidelines (cost, ingredients, caloric/nutritional, time constraints and operational complexity)
- Be responsible for helping us evolve how people view “healthy” food by designing new meals and product lines that fit our nutrition philosophy
- Leverage your knowledge on nutrition principles, food production methods, seasonal ingredients/procurement, etc. into the development of recipes and menu rotations that:
- Can easily be produced at a large-scale consistently and with high-quality
- Travel and present well when delivered to customers via our shipping partners across the country
- Are optimized for taste but also for cost (so no Crab Cakes at this time...)
- Utilize market data, seasonality of ingredients, customer buying trends and feedback to continuously evolve and improve our meals and the process by which we develop them. Continuous improvement of our products is a must
- Conduct periodic competitive and consumer trend analysis to inform future product development
- Develop content that further establishes Factor as THE authority in performance nutrition; i.e. recipe books, grocery shopping and cooking tips
Provide Quality Assurance and Supervision
- Work with the kitchen management and staff to execute new recipes as well as implement improvements to existing recipes (i.e., proper production techniques for all meals)
- Ensure all finished food products meet specifications
Collaborate with Procurement and Operations
- Work with procurement to ensure the best quality ingredients are used while minimizing food costs
- Address and eliminate product quality issues/customer complaints arising from problems originating with the ingredients involved in the production of meals and/or the final product
Evaluate Customer Feedback and Be A Team Player
- Analyze customer feedback on meals and incorporate feedback into new dishes, or improve existing dishes
- Receive extensive and honest feedback on meal accessibility and flavors and incorporate into new dish ideation
- Attend and participate in weekly culinary meetings including weekly R&D tastings, weekly meal rating reviews, and team check-ins
- Collaborate with other chefs to improve and test each others dishes
- A self-starter, take initiative and get stuff done with a high degree of excellence
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing projects and activities
- Open-minded and always interested in learning new and better ways of doing things
- You are passionate about helping people achieve their goals and improve themselves
- You have an innate desire toWIN. You believe winning isn’t everything, it's the ONLY thing
- An “A” player who is willing to jump in and wear different hats when needed to meet our goals and get things done
- Driven to get smarter and improve yourself everyday
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or similar qualifications
- 5+ years experience creating recipes and/or running a commissary or large restaurant/banquet/catering
- Familiarity with USDA/FDA guidelines
- A strong understanding of key dietary lifestyles such as the Ketogenic Diet, low/slow carb diet, vegan and vegetarian diets, and Mind Diet
- A passion for staying up to speed on the most current research on the science of nutrition
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
More jobs at HelloFresh
Expired: Jan. 22, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
Expired: Aug. 22, 2022, 1:35 a.m.
Production Supervisor (Night Shift)
Expired: March 22, 2021, 7:12 p.m.
PR Coordinator ANZ
Expired: Aug. 22, 2022, 1:35 a.m.