This job listing expired on Jan. 22, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
S'more about the team
We are looking for an experienced Cook who is responsible for maintaining and setting up the kitchen, batch-cooking recipes, and controlling the quality of all food products prepared at different kitchen stations. Reporting to the Sous Chef, you will ensure that all food prepared meets the highest quality standards, the first batch is identical to the last, and our production stays on schedule. As a part of our Kitchen Operations team, you will play a key role in delivering a consistently outstanding product to our customers while rapidly scaling a new business.
Lettuce share what this role will be responsible for
- Maintain and set up equipment, execute recipes in large batches, and ensure the highest quality of all food products prepared at different kitchen stations.
- Prepare raw ingredients, including brining and marinating of various proteins.
- Prepare recipe components using grills, braisers, ovens, mixers, blenders, and other industrial kitchen equipment.
- Work across all areas of the production facility, including refrigerated areas, and perform tasks ranging from receiving, cooking, assembly of recipes, and packing customer orders
- Ensure the kitchen operates with the highest health and safety standards, and is in alignment with federal and provincial health and safety requirements.
Sound a-peeling? Here's what we're looking for
- 1+ years’ experience in a commissary kitchen with high-volume food preparation
- Thorough knowledge of sanitation and food safety standards
- Strong communication skills: you listen actively, relay information in a clear and structured manner, and speak to team members with tact and diplomacy
- No/low ego: you take direction and feedback well, and are focused on getting to the best possible outcome
- High attention to detail and a customer-centric mindset
- Comfortable with being exposed to hot, cool and/or cold environments (0-30ºC)
- Ability to stand and to work continuously in indoor spaces
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
Let’s cut to the cheese, this is why you'll love it here
- Box discount- 75% discount on weekly HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits
- Hybrid work model- flexible arrangement offering 50% remote work (learn more below!)
- Trust & support- own your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- Growth & development- we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- Work hard & have fun - we take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to experience the fun!
- Our office- With comfy couches, an array of board games, a gorgeous rooftop patio, and more - we have it all! Did we mention that we also have an incredible test kitchen where delicious meals are constantly ready to be tasted?
- Food puns- this one is kind of a big dill if you haven’t already noticed. We even have some punny meeting room names!
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe and effective tool in protecting our health and our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
More jobs at HelloFresh
Expired: Jan. 22, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
Expired: Aug. 22, 2022, 1:35 a.m.
Production Supervisor (Night Shift)
Expired: March 22, 2021, 7:12 p.m.
PR Coordinator ANZ
Expired: Aug. 22, 2022, 1:35 a.m.