This job listing expired on Jan. 22, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
Procurement Director, Produce
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
We are seeking an experienced leader to join our Procurement Leadership team as Director of Produce Procurement. In this role, you will direct the procurement strategy of our produce categories, managing a team of strategy managers and field specialists. In this role you will have an opportunity to scale our established products and be a key part of bringing our innovative products into customer’s homes.
- Lead the Produce category team, implementing sourcing and replenishment strategies that will:
- Develop a high performing network of suppliers that meet our sourcing benchmarks and increase network capacity
- Deliver a high quality product through new SKU development, new vendor sourcing, and working closely with our product validation teams
- Work hand in hand with, and advise our replenishment teams on best practices and new strategies for inventory management, troubleshooting issues as needed
- Have P&L responsibilities for our produce COGS budget and weekly/monthly cost execution
- Reduce our overall cost basis through targeted category plans and vendor strategies
- Oversee your strategy team as they implement strategic sourcing negotiations and partnership planning
- Oversee a team of produce field specialist, developing and executing on quality initiatives from supplier to DC level
- Develop and coach a high performing team of category and replenishment experts
- Someone with a clear understanding of procurement sourcing best practices
- An expert negotiator who has handled multi-million dollar contract negotiations
- A creative problem solver with a process improvement mindset
- Data-driven decision maker who is passionate about bringing that mentality to their team
- A strong leader with a proven track record of managing large and diverse teams
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- A self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate; you’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are willing to get deep into the weeds where needed
- A strong communicator who can easily communicate complex solutions cross functionally and to upper management
At a minimum, you have...
- 7+ years of experience in Procurement, with relevant experience in the produce industry
- A degree in supply chain, business, engineering, other relevant area of study; or comparable work experience
- Flexibility to travel (up to 25%)
- Flexibility to work weekends when required (2-3 times per quarter)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Ability to work some weekend days
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn
More jobs at HelloFresh
Expired: Jan. 22, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
Expired: Aug. 22, 2022, 1:35 a.m.
Production Supervisor (Night Shift)
Expired: March 22, 2021, 7:12 p.m.
PR Coordinator ANZ
Expired: Aug. 22, 2022, 1:35 a.m.