Content Marketing Manager (Remote)
Content Marketing Manager, Accountant Channel
FreshBooks Has a Big Vision
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
As the Content Marketing Manager for our Accounting Partner Program, you will have the opportunity to create content and execute social strategies and tactics. You will act as a resource and coordinate with stakeholders across the company, as well as identify and prioritize wider content marketing opportunities. You’ll be part of a stellar multidisciplinary Creative Services team that upholds and evolves our brand, delivers high-quality assets and cooks up all kinds of cool creative.
What you’ll do:
- Drive discussions with business stakeholders to understand their problems and requirements
- Work with other data team members on proposing technical solutions that meet business needs and requirements
- Manage the expectations of stakeholders by communicating progress and timelines on projects
- Proactively work with business stakeholders to identify long-term opportunities and work with data team to incorporate into a roadmap
- Take ownership of the content for the Accounting Partner Program, from planning and creation through to performance, insights, and larger strategy
- Write, edit, package, and publish content, including blog posts, case studies, newsletters, data reports, videos, infographics, white papers, e-books, webinars, and more
- Create content that is consistent with the voice and tone outlined in our Brand Guidelines
- Help evolve and advance the voice and tone for our accounting professional audience
- Work closely with our Accounting Partner Program team to ideate content, understand the audience, and grow and evolve the program
- Oversee the success of stakeholder content marketing programs
- Map and produce automated email and landing page journeys to nurture leads
- Ensure content maps to the journey of the accountants in our program, covering all funnel stages
- Source and support freelance writers in ideating and producing full-funnel content
- Leverage analytics and data from content and social media to inform results and insights
- Monitor and report on the impact of content and programs
- Work as part of a tightly-knit team that thrives on collaboration and next-level execution
- Champion the FreshBooks brand and support the vision, mission, values, and strategic direction of FreshBooks in everything you do
What you have:
- 3–5 years of digital content marketing experience
- Experience writing accounting focused content or for an audience of accountants
- Experience gathering and consolidating requirements from business stakeholders
- Experience translating business requirements into working solutions
- Experience in building relationships, influencing and working closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering on time
- Experience working directly with engineering teams
- A firm grasp of Google Analytics and WordPress
- Familiarity with Pardot or equivalent software
- Post-secondary education or equivalent training in marketing or communications
- Knowledge of on-page SEO best practices
- A perfectionist streak when it comes to writing and editing
- Experience working with freelance content contributors and vendors
- The ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, with wide-ranging objectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate across all company levels and departments
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adapt to change, prioritize competing issues and manage diverse projects
- A background in accounting or bookkeeping is a big plus
What You’ll Love About Working Here:
- Three-week onboarding that brings you up to speed on our brand, product, and most importantly, our customers. It’s an awesome opportunity to dive in and understand what we’re all about and build your network within the company. Plus, there are prizes!
- Our ever-expanding, global team cares about making accounting incredibly easy for business owners around the world.
- Amazing growth and mentorship opportunities from a team with a laser-focused mission of shipping extraordinary experiences.
- Collaborative remote or hybrid model with a global team
- A work/life balance you can brag to your friends about:
- Two weeks parental paid leave and paid leave top-up
- Health & dental coverage tailored to your local office
- Generous time off - including vacation, volunteer, and innovation days
- Health and Wellness credits
- Learning and development opportunities that are both in-house and external
- Retirement savings programs matched to your local office
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- And finally, we have fun at work...Want to start a chess team? Awesome. Want to host a homemade-ice-cream-making Zoom night? Whatever your passion is, bring it to FreshBooks, tell others about it, and enjoy what you do every day.
Why Join Us:
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or[email protected].
More jobs at FreshBooks
Toronto, ON, Canada
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States