Associate User Experience Researcher - Contract
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with product, design, data science, and engineering to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart’s mission.
We’re looking fora 6-month contract Associate UX Researcherwith a possibility of conversion.Conversion is dependent on business need/headcount and performance.To start, your primary responsibility will be to support, and lead ongoing user research (qualitative) studies, with guidance from senior researchers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Conduct user research using a range of methods to identify meaningful insights to continue to improve our product offerings.
- Communicate research insights in a clear and concise manner, including recommendations leading to action.
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team of senior researchers, designers, and product team memberswho are passionate about building products.
- Work independently in a fast moving and ambiguous environment.
- 1-2 years of experience, either in academia or industry, planning, executing, managing and synthesizing qualitative design research.
- Experience with a variety of evaluative research tools and methods (ex. in-person and remote usability studies, interviews, survey design, diary study), and involvement in running a variety of tests
- Experience converting research findings into recommendations creating improvements and enhanced experiences for the business and delight for our customers.
- Ability to identify and brainstorm the research approach based on the needs of the team (inclusive of time, effort, and available resources)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team
- A passion for user research, the customer and a truly collaborative spirit
- Experience managing concurrent projects involving cross-functional teams
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience
Location:Remote, with ability to work from Instacart’s San Francisco office
Type:Full-time 6 month contract, with a possibility of extension
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit anAccommodations Request Formand someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
More jobs at Instacart
San Francisco, CA - Remote
San Francisco, CA
New York City, NY